Friday, March 17, 2023

It's Been a Minute

 Life got away from me, I had intentions of blogging and even thoughts on what I would post, but it didn't happen. Can't say that anything exciting has happened, just the usual humdrum of life. 

We did have quite the weather the other week, rain, freezing rain, fallen trees, and power outages. It was quite the day.  Another day of canceled buses, I think we have set a record this year for that, it's been a long time since we have had this many. We were lucky as our power was only out overnight, granted getting ready in the dark was interesting. . . .messy bun at work here we come! Some people were not able to come in as their sump pumps failed and they were sadly bailing out their basements. As I sat watching out my window I was wishing that I brought my camera to work as the trees looked so pretty covered in ice. This weather was a reminder that Mother Nature is dangerously beautiful. Once home I took a walk around the neighbourhood (in the freezing rain) and took a few pictures. 




While it looked pretty the aftermath was not, all night I heard the branches breaking from the weight of the ice. Thankfully the branches that fell just hit the fence and the big one hanging over my house remained intact.  Clean-up took a while as we even had a day of just rain to make the mess even worse. We made it and no serious injuries, people stayed home and rode it out.

Fast forward to spring break. I needed it, badly. I just needed that reset, no worries, do what I want. I didn't make any grand plans of things to do around the house as I knew I wouldn't do them. Putting that pressure on myself would just have been self-sabotage. Instead, I did nothing and I am ok with that. I recharged by napping, spending a whole day reading, and doing whatever house things needed doing when I felt like it. Turning off that alarm felt great, no schedule or timeline-amazing. I will be honest, there were a few days when I wanted to get out with my camera but it was cold and I wasn't in the mood to wander around in the cold.  I did, however, hook up the chocolate wonder, packed up the camera and we took off to get lost in our favourite nature trail. Lots of my favourite red birds were out and we saw some young deer. Met a friendly couple with a GSP and we walked and chatted as both dogs walked nicely with each other. It was a wonderful afternoon and I got some great photos. 





Glad we went yesterday as although the temperature is mild, it is grey and rainy today. I am tempted to pack my camera and get some raindrop shots but I'm not sure I want to get wet. Currently going to the Mall is winning out over being creative. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...