Saturday, January 28, 2023

As I Wander Along

Tuesday Harlow and I headed out to the Greenway for some run time for her, and hopefully some picture-taking opportunities for me. The sky was grey, the air crisp but it was perfect wandering weather. We entered a spot that isn't usually busy so I could let Harlow just sniff and run, much to her delight and we were off. It felt good to just walk, be with my thoughts but not really thinking about anything, looking up in the trees, and across fields to see what I wanted to capture. Didn't really see many birds but I heard them twittering in the trees. I came across this birdhouse and liked how the light hit it amongst the growth. 


On our way back to the car we spotted this furry little friend who puffed himself up a bit as he saw us. Thankfully I spotted him before Harlow did so I got her back on her leash before we had an incident of her deciding to take off and chase. Thankfully I did as when she did notice him I about lost my arm as she pulled. 

Such a lovely couple of hours just being outside with nowhere to be and no time limit. Definitely good for the soul.

We braced ourselves for a big winter storm Wednesday. It started snowing in the morning, buses were canceled, exams moved back and warnings of travel difficulties as the day wore on. I decided to walk to work (only 5 minutes) as it would take me longer to clean off and warm up the car at the beginning and end of the day. It snowed on and off all day, heavier in the afternoon at what would have been our dismissal. The temperature was comfortable and it was gorgeous to look at with big, fluffy heavy snowflakes coming down. Once home from work, I walked in the front door and right back out the back with a very happy dog. Harlow loves snow and we were outside for well over an hour as she dove in the snow for her ball, buried her nose in it, and ate a little. We came up front so I could shovel the sidewalk and front step as she happily tossed her ball in the air (losing it in the snow thus a 15-minute search for it by her). After my feet got cold and my gloves soaked through I decided it was time for us to come in. We watched the snow continue to fall but much slower as the evening turned dark. Sleep was cozy and deep.


 Good news in the health department for me as both my CT scan and bone scan came back clear. No evidence of cancer anywhere, I am getting closer to that magical 5-year mark. Another scan and visit in 6 months. It's so nice to finally hit that 6-month visit after being every 3 months for the last couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...