Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Past and The Now

Another Christmas is in the books and I would say this one was hard.  While I had the adoption of Dash that really made it special I also had some down moments. 

This was my first Christmas not having my son with me for Christmas dinner, he was with his dad. For six years it has been us and my parents or us and my whole family.  This year it was just me and my family, it hit me harder than I expected.  I contemplated just staying home and putting my jammies on, but after a meltdown and tears I sucked it up and went back out to my brothers.  Glad I did as we had some laughs playing games and such.

Fast forward to the now........

Dash is doing well and we have gone out for a walk every day.  I feel myself being more at peace and calm, animals are amazing creatures aren't they?  The Meow-man is handling a dog in the house very well and is over being angry with me.  Matter of fact I have cat curled up beside me and do is curled up at my feet.....life is good.

Avoidance is in full gear, I have done nothing!!  There is laundry, dusting, vacuuming and sweeping to do as well as a good fridge clean out needed but I am content to sit and watch whatever marathon is playing on the Comedy or Space network as well as catching some World Junior hockey action (still in mourning over Canada's shootout loss yesterday).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...