Thursday, January 9, 2014

Baby it's Cold Outside

Wow what a few days we've had!  Lots of snow again and frigid temperatures have been this past week. Accumulation was around 20 cm but we had temps of -25C and with the windchill factored in it felt like -40C.  Needless to say while gorgeous outside you couldn't enjoy it and driving was not fun. School was supposed to start back on Monday but we had three days of buses being cancelled.  Schools were still open for those students who wanted to come but they either had to walk or have their own transportation.

It has also been too cold to take Dash the Wonder Dog out for a walk, it was nice that today the temperature was high enough we could go take a jaunt around the block.  Good for me as well as he is my walking buddy. Training is going well in terms of ringing the bell when he wants outside, not always consistent but he is at least doing it sometimes.

As for me, I am continuing to work on being positive and happy.....for me.  Think I'm doing pretty good, even took a picture of me yesterday so I there are two of me so far for the month, small steps, lol.  Now I did have a little bit of a meltdown the other day and it was stupid (aren't they all?).  I was tired, feeling frustrated at the fact I couldn't get in my parking spot and had to park around the corner of my building.  Now in nice weather this would be no big deal but in this weather I have to warm up my car and didn't like that I couldn't see it out my window........told you it was petty.  Then I was attempting to clean the rest of my parking spot out and I slipped, falling hard on the ice.  Just tears of frustration and some pain as I put my hands out to stop my fall.  Then to top it off my neighbour has been parking in half of my spot so back to the end of the building I went.  Yes I have had my moments the last couple of days but I am still hanging in and I know it will be work. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...