Friday, January 3, 2014

So Far So Good

I know we're only three days in but I am doing pretty good in some of the personal goals I have set for myself.  I want to work on 'self' as I stated in previous blog posts, and right now I am trying to work on positive self talk and just generally remaining positive.  No complaining or 'poor me' crap are the goals for January. 

My positives for today; windshield wiper flew off as I tried to bang the ice of it (I might add we were driving down the road when this happened).  I was able to laugh about it, not get stressed but actually laugh.  Looked over at B and we just started cracking up. So after dropping him off a trip to Canadian Tire to buy a new one was in order.  While I was in the parking lot trying to figure out how to put the stupid wiper on (they give you 18 different clips) a gentleman came over and offered to help me, I was so grateful.  It felt so good to smile and be happy. 

Took Dash the Wonder Dog to the groomers today for a bath and nails clipped.  Now he is a wash and wear dog (Boxer mix) but he still had a bit of what I call shelter smell on him and rid of that.  He did very well with the nails she said and also commented on what a sweetie he is, I seem to get that a lot from people who come in contact with him.  More proof of the love a rescue dog can give you, also that hidden beneath outside appearances is a gem waiting to shine.  My Dash is definitely shining, putting on some weight, fur growing back, shiny and soft and what a little ham.  If you're looking please consider a local shelter or rescue.  My PSA for the day.

The snow has stopped with a total accumulation of 35 cm (almost 14") in two days!  The sun was out today and that helped in not seeming as cold as the -12C it was (10F feels like -14F). No walks for us again today, hopefully tomorrow we can get out for at least a short one. 

My pics for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...