Sunday, April 6, 2014

Feeling Proud!

Participated in the Cocoa Classic 5K this morning with a friend. =D>   It was a beautiful morning, the sun was shining and there was a tonne of people!!  The course was nice with a section along the river front, through a park.  I started out jogging (think that lasted about 6 feet) and then settled for walking at what I think was a good pace with my tunes cranked and off I went.  I did manage to jog across the finish line, just so I could say I accomplished that.  No stopping for a rest or anything, went the whole way and am feeling pretty good about myself.  Maybe I will eventually get into running these but I highly doubt it, am quite content to walk. Got our thermal Cocoa Classic cups at the end of the race but didn't wait for the fondue as the line was sooo long.  We opted for a stop at Tim Horton's after crossing the border to come home.  A good morning and I would definitely do it again.  My opinion may change tomorrow when I can't move however.

Here are a few pictures I snapped with my phone of the scenery;


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...