Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!!

Oh how I loved this long weekend!  Got some things accomplished around the house inside and out. Also enjoyed the beautiful weather we had, love having my windows open :)

Outside we did a little bit of clean up, the dead leaves out of the garden and the debris left from when they replaced my front window (which was done in November).  We may have pulled up a plant that was supposed to come back but we'll see, lol. In another couple of weeks I will go play in the dirt and get my gardens ready for new plants and a good sweep of the deck. Also have to buy a new cover for my gazebo as a good storm kind of ripped the other one to shreds, thankfully it was October so I was getting ready to take it down for winter anyway.  Of course a new one is $90, but so worth it as I enjoy my little covered space in the shade during the summer.

The inside saw a really good scrubbing of the bathroom.........even the baseboards are shining.  Elbow grease and my ceran top stove looks almost brand new again.  Don't get me wrong I do clean, but I really cleaned.  House smelled like vinegar but not too strong and in a good way with the breeze coming in through the windows.  Also changed out my shower curtain from dark brown to bright white getting ready to kiss winter goodbye!

Celebrated Easter Sunday at my parents for wonderful ham and scalloped potatoes as well as some good laughs.  Of course there was a little chocolate cake for dessert.  Also cheered on Boston beating Detroit in hockey (shhhh! I am surrounded by rapid Red Wings fans in my neck of the woods).  Came home and cheered on Montreal, Go Habs Go!! Watched Game of Thrones, yes I am addicted, yes I have the books, no I haven't read the books yet.  Finished my laundry and settled in for the night happy in the knowledge of not having to set my alarm for Monday.  Did I mention I liked long weekends?

So here we are Monday and another beautiful day.  We hit 80F and the sun was shining, windows were open and it was gorgeous! Got the groceries done and just relaxed.

               Happy Easter!             Meowy wanting his photo taken


On the digi front:
Been pretty quiet this week.  I do have some coupons to spend from winning the Digi Dares the other week.  Need to go shopping I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...