Wednesday, August 20, 2014

On a New Journey. . . .I Hope

I have decided that I need to unload a lot of the negativity and junk in my life. That negativity and junk comes from within, oh I have the outside junk but I really need to start from within and work my way out. 

How did I make this decision?  Something as simple as finally getting to the storage cupboard in my basement.  As I went through boxes that were packed from the house and then just stored I realized that I hang on to a lot of things inside too.  So as I went through boxes sorting what was being kept, thrown out and donated I took time to look at old pictures and little pieces of school work from my son I felt lighter.  While I found the task daunting and started out being angry at myself for keeping all this stuff I started feeling lighter as I saw progress and made decisions I just wasn't ready to when we moved.  It took 3 days to get everything organized, sorted, cleaned and even a pantry made but I saw progress not only physical in terms of my basement but from within.  I felt accomplishment, peace and a feeling that I needed to start on the road of positivity. 

My goal is to live life in a more positive light, stop being so moody and find the good that is out there.  I know it's there but I have lived in the clouds for too long, time to see the sun :)  I know it won't be easy but I really need to make this change and am going to give it my best shot.  Only I can make myself happy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...