Friday, January 1, 2016

Welcome 2016 and hopefully more regular blogging

Welcome to a new year and a new perspective on life for me. I have done a lot of thinking of late about me and my life, am I happy, what do I want, who do I want to be and what do I need to change. Do I attempt One Little Word and if so what would my word be? All the thoughts a new year usually brings to people. I want to say this year will be different than the rest, why you ask? Because I'm ready, I am ready to change, I'm ready to start new things, to discover myself and to start living.

As I sit here in my living room watching the Winter Classic hockey game (go Habs!) and snowflakes are swirling about I feel at peace and content. I am going to work hard to make those feelings last as it is up to me to do so. I have that power, the power to control how I feel and how I react to situations. I am taking that power to make changes in me for no one else other than me.

I am looking forward to a night school course I signed up for at the local college. Recently I purchased a Nikon DSLR and am going to learn how to use it, on manual. It is a six week class and begins in a few weeks, am nervous and excited about this new learning adventure. Then there is the health issue, I am beginning a new journey in healthy eating and getting off my butt and exercising. I want to feel better not only about myself on the outside but on the inside as well, I have neglected me physically for far too long. It will be hard and I know I will want to give up but must do this.

So I guess my one word for 2016 will be three 'Believe in me'. I want to share this journey in words, pictures and posts. Maybe by keeping up this blog I will be more accountable and also have a way to look back on what I have lived and done this year. It's never too late to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...