Friday, September 13, 2019

Happy Friday the 13th!

Here we are, the second Friday of September already! Today brings not only the 13th of the month but also a full moon. The weather is dreary and there is stickiness in the air with the possibility of thunderstorms on and off for the day.

My mood is reflective of the weather, feeling a bit melancholy and wanting some sunshine as it's been a dreary few days. I believe the weekend is supposed to sunny and a nice temperature which is perfect as I am wanting to attend the annual Festival of Hawks Sunday.

The Festival of Hawks happens every year and I have not attended in a few years. This year is perfect as I have my new lens and it seems (as of this writing) that the boy child is wanting/willing to come with me.  We shall see as I want to be there in order to attend the nature photography tips at 10. There is also hawk banding and adoptions (think I will adopt one this year), live hawk and raptor display, identifying hawks in flight and a butterfly, insect hike.  Looking forward to a day of photos and interesting new things learned. Next up might be an owl prowl the following week, we shall see.

This guy was working on hist web from the Hostas to my mailbox this morning. Not zoomed in, I just got this close to him.  Pretty good size and thankfully he didn't move!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...