Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Oh What a Day!

Felt horrible yesterday but muddled through work and then of course off to the arena last night for a game (lost by 1 goal) and was looking forward to crawling in my bed.  Woke up this morning feeling yucky still so called in and stayed home, A nice relaxing morning with a cup of coffee and People's Court, just relaxing right?  Wrong! 

The boy texted me on his lunch asking if he could come home as he had a bad headache and his hand was more swollen (hockey injury Sat.), permission given and home he came.  Off to the doctor and then of course x-rays.  Good news is nothing is broken, think it's just soft tissue and ice will help (tried telling him that on Saturday and Sunday).

We get home and I discover that the towels in the washing machine are still holding more water than they should.  I flick the dial and nothing........but there is a burning smell, is it the furnace turning on I wonder (I knew it wasn't), try the dial to spin again and nothing, ok so I go to rinse and the tub starts filling with water....we're getting somewhere!  Tub finished filling and then clicking, just a horrible clicking--I try turning the dial to spin and nothing........washer is D E A D!  Not good at all.  Off to Home Depot and a new washer is ordered, hoping to have it for Saturday.

Back home and starting to bail out the tub of the washer and then hand ringing some towels, a whole new admiration for the women who did all their laundry by hand and had to ring it out!  Out the door to drop the boy off for hockey practice and my day to flake on the couch lamenting the plugged up sinuses is gone. Is it Saturday yet?.............

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...