Saturday, February 1, 2014

Catching Up

Hmmm, let's see what has been going on this past week?  Well I have been on a real Pinterest kick and pinning recipes like no tomorrow.  This then inspired me to break out the slow cooker AND actually plan meals...........yes me, planned ahead!  I was so good and even shopped to what I planned (a $200 grocery bill, ouch!) but I did purchase large packages of meat and then split them when I got home.  My two large package of ground beef split into four and large tray of Italian sausage split into three and the chicken into two.  When I look at it this way I have nine meals right there, makes the actual cost of my groceries not bad as that is not adding in the other stuff.  As usual off topic I go, lol.

Meal planning this week was fun as I actually stuck to it and we had a meals prepared (including leftovers). Our menu this week was homemade chicken noodle soup, BBQ Pork Tenderloin (in slow cooker), Italian meatball and cheese tortellini soup (again for leftovers), Parmesan chicken and Taco Bake.  Broke out the slow cooker twice and just loved being prepared in terms of knowing what we were having for dinner.  We also had some sweets this week with cinnamon buns (or as we call them sticky buns) compliments of Pilsbury and I made Peanut Butter Cheerio bars twice, once with Honey Nut Cheerios and again with MultiGrain Cheerios.  We also had a potluck lunch at work, so I made a Pasta Salad. This week I am going to try to make Potato Soup and Crap Stuffed Manicotti...wish me luck!

Meal Planning


Dash the Wonder Dog is causing me some concern.  Separation anxiety big time when we leave, I mean barks, whines, bangs on his crate the whole gamut. I may add the ONLY time he is crated is if we are not home.  I hope that after he hears the car leave he quiets down....haven't heard from neighbours (I live in a condo) so either that is the case or they are not tired of it yet.  Not sure how to stop this.  We also had a bad dog situation and proof of why he is crated when we are not home.  The boy came home from writing his exam and promptly texted me this picture......of course there was also a 'present' but thankfully he didn't text me a picture of that, lol.  Ahh, the joys of puppyhood!

Bad Dog



No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...