Monday, January 16, 2023

It's January, What Can I Say?

I saw this posted on FB and really loved the meaning behind it. I am there, I just want to stay curled up with a blanket, a mug of tea, and a book. I could literally do that all day, in the quiet. On the other hand, I am feeling wound so tight, the urge to explore and go somewhere is strong, and I want to escape. This is the story of me, always polar opposites within me. 

Our weather is unseasonable for this time of year, with no snow, at all. It has been a warm winter thus far and really grey, we need some sun, more than what we have been having. A bright day makes such a difference in one's mood. I do need to go wander though, to get lost in the forest, I feel it.


On another note, I did a thing. A thing I probably shouldn't have done as I am supposed to be focused on getting my finances in order and saving. I purchased a used  170-500mm lens, and now I need to take this beast and go find some birds. Practice, practice, practice, I really need to do that, I should grab my camera and go. I haven't really taken it out much and that is not good, I need to get out so I can get better. Again with the motivation and making myself get out of the house. A plan has to be in place, maybe I will go after work today, hook up Harlow and we will go on a little adventure. Plan for the weekend and go for a drive. 


That's it for today, not really much to report or say. I am at the height of being boring right now. Maybe I am 'wintering'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...