Saturday, January 7, 2023

Musings

 There has been nothing earth-shattering in the four days since my last post. Life is moving along slowly and quietly, and I'm ok with that. I sometimes wish for some excitement, something big but usually, when that happens to me it is not good news so I will stick with slow and quiet. ♥ 

I went out for dinner last night with my brother and his family to celebrate my nieces turning 21. . . let me let that sink in for a few minutes, 21! I am still struggling with the fact I have a 25-year-old, my parents are in their 80s, and time needs to slow down. Where is it going? I digress, back to dinner. It was a fun and great evening, so glad I went. Laughs, chatter, and good food, a nice evening, and I actually left my house on a Friday night, lol. 


The nest, my sanctuary, my favourite room in the house. It was sad and neglected after a frenzy of crafting over the month of December. I came in and it didn't feel peaceful but chaotic as I had stuff everywhere. Time to organize and put stuff away, Cricut and craft supplies needed their own space. Thankfully I had a spare bookcase that was the perfect fit so all is put away nicely. My computer area is clutter free again and I sigh of contentment rather than distress when I come in this room, it is back to being my 'nest'. I will paint the bookcase white to match the other furniture, hopefully, this month. You can just see the corner beside the tall white bookcase. Next on the agenda for this room is a new printer stand with a cupboard so I can hide the paper and hopefully a new printer.  All in time, need to stick with my goals... which I will get to next. 


My word for 2023 is supposed to be FOCUS, I say supposed to be because I'm not really sure. One of my goals was to focus on being more financially responsible and only buy things I need this month. . . darn Old Navy and a sale! I mean I got a sweater, pair of jeans, and camis for $51 but still, even though the jeans were only $13.99 I did NOT need them *sigh*. Tonight we ordered Chinese food but it was a bit of a celebration for my son's week at his new job. 


On the scrappy front, I got behind 3 days in the MOC 11 at The Lilypad but since I got caught up on laundry and house chores yesterday I spent this afternoon getting caught up. The muse was speaking to me today, I love the pages I created and the meaning behind them. So far I seem to be headed in an artsy direction with neutrals and some pops of colour. We shall see as the prompts go on if I stick with direction of style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Have I Been?

 It's been a minute, or two or three. Life happens, things get in the way or you just lose interest.  July was hard. I lost my aunt to b...